Are you an adult who did not have the opportunity to celebrate becoming a Bat or Bar Mitzvah? Would you like to increase your knowledge and participation in synagogue ritual and community?
The Adult B’nei Mitzvah Program is designed for you. It strives to increase your knowledge and participation in the life of the synagogue, within the context of the services as well as in the community as a whole. The program also seeks to bridge the distance between Jewish life and learning, so whether one is a Jew by Choice or a Jew by Birth, the program offers something for everyone.
After participation in the program, individuals reach their goals of:
- Reading Hebrew more fluently
- Chanting Haftarah and Torah with trope
- Feeling at home with prayer services
- Studying the Torah/Haftarah portion for the week and writing a d’var Torah or Haftarah
- Building a strong foundation in Judaism through a curriculum of study in a supportive setting
- Giving back to the larger community through a group Social Action project
The Adult B’nei Mitzvah Program is a one-year curriculum . For participants who are not able to read Hebrew, there is two-year option. The program culminates in a group Bar/Bat Mitzvah on a Shabbat morning.