- Receive Bar/Bat Mitzvah date.
- Parents’ meeting with clergy to talk with other parents and begin to build excitement and sense of community as everyone undertakes this spiritual journey.
- Receive Bar/Bat Mitzvah handbook, ask questions regarding “nuts and bolts” of the program.
- Begin thinking about Kiddush lunch/caterers and any other use of facilities on the weekend of the Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
- Religious School students begin an 8 week course of Torah trope as part of Sunday morning Religious School.
- One year before Bar/Bat Mitzvah, plan tutoring.
- Begin tutoring one year before Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
- Meet with Rabbi to work on D’var Torah (teaching) and discuss mitzvah project.
- Review tips and suggestions for planning the non-service aspects of the celebration.
- Check-in with Rabbi after the Haftarah has been mastered. Additional meetings will be discussed at that time.
6th or 7th Grade:
- 3 months before Bar/Bat Mitzvah, submit head shot of child for publication on website and/or Facebook, as parents desire.
- About Us
- Jewish Life
- La Crosse Jewish Film Festival
- Interfaith Families
- Jews By Choice
- Social Action
- Rabbi Brian’s Blog
- Simchas & Sorrows
- Member Log-in